depot was built in 1924 by the Chicago Northwestern Railway Company. The
CNW Railway Company was instrumental in naming the town "Beresford".
The Community Depot, Inc. has been formed by the people of Beresford to preserve
and maintain the building.
In 1940, D. McCosh, through the auspices
of the C.C.C. (Civilian Conservation Corps) painted a pastoral mural in the
newly-built post office in Beresford. The mural, portraying farmers working and typical
farm animals, celebrated Beresford's agricultural history and led to the post
office being listed as an historic edifice.
first record of the city of Beresford making a Park Committee appointment was in 1912
when John Ridge and Julian Wheelock were paid to work in the
park. Additional land was purchased at this time for $75.00 and later this same
year another addition was purchased. In 1959 the park
was dedicated as Bulow Park in honor of Governor William J. Bulow.
private residence was once the home of William J. Bulow, Governor of South
Dakota from 1927-1931 and U. S. Senator from 1931-1943.